Saturday, July 7, 2012

I Lost my Faith, But I found it! (Written by Troy Nwosu)

At the age of one, there wasn’t much I could say about life.I didn’t even know what “life” was. Nothing held me down, but everything brought me up. I felt freer than the skies and swifter than the wind.

At the age of five, I was just starting school. My parents told me about this man that lives in the sky and watches me do everything. They also said he does magic. A magic man living in the sky? I thought they were playing a trick on me. They tried to convince me that he was real, like they did the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus. But I didn’t really believe them.


When I was in middle school, I went to church with them, and prayed to the man in the sky, they called God. We would go to church every Sunday hearing about what God does in our lives. I believed that everything the pastor said was true and God would do a lot of good things in my life. But he lied. After going to church, my entire life went down hill. My parents lost alot of their money from giving it to the church and never gained anything back from it. We were struggling, but that is more than an under statement, we were hopeless,but they still prayed and prayed that God will give us all our money back and help us back on our feet.

In high school, I completely lost faith in God. I went to church, but didn’t pay attention. I prayed, but didn’t speak. I didn’t confess anything to that God of theirs. I didn’t care about anything anymore, just about making the most out of life. I went to parties, drank, did drugs, had sex with so many people it even surprises me. I didn’t believe that one man, a man who isn’t even human, who I haven’t ever seen, touched, or heard can help me out in any way. God wasn’t even on my mind. I didn’t care about him or think about him, I didn’t want him in my life. Looking back on it, it made me wonder how people could worship a man they haven’t ever heard or seen. Some say they’ve seen him. Some say they’ve heard him, and some say they have felt his touch.But I think they’re lying. I think they say those things so people will believe them. I officially turned away from God and had no intention of turning back.
One summer, I was driving back to my house after a party and was hit by a drunk driver. Both our cars were totaled, the drunk driver was dead. I was lying in the street pretty sure I was going to die soon too. I was in so much pain and agony and couldn’t reach my phone to call the police for help. I was hopeless. Nothing or no one could help me. I didn’t know what else to do, so I began praying. I asked God to save me and help me from this. I pleaded for him to keep me alive to keep me healthy. I apologized for everything I have done over the years and how I scolded people for thinking you were real. I looked up and saw a man on the ground with me. His entire body was white, but I couldn’t see his face. He said he was Jesus Christ. His voice made me cry even harder than I was before. He touched my hand and said he will always be with me. Then he vanished.  A few seconds later I hear a police car. The police man stops at my car and calls the police.Within minutes I’m at the hospital. As I’m in my hospital bed, I see the man in white standing by my bed. As scared as I was, I couldn’t move. Prior to this the doctor had told me I’d be paralyzed from the waist down. The man in whitetold me he forgave me and he touched both my legs and disappeared. I could move my legs. Believe it or not, but I could move my legs. I was able to walk, and run, and jump again. The doctors were speechless; they had no explanation for how I was able to walk again. And I looked my doctor in the eyes and told him, it was God!

What I want all of you to take from this is it doesn’t matter who you are, what you think, or where you come from. God will always be therefor you. He may not come when you call, but he’s just in time and loves us all the same.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent web site you have got here.. It's hard to find excellent writing like yours these days. I honestly appreciate individuals like you! Take care!!